Restoration of the citizenship of Azerbaijan
Persons who have previously been citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan or whose citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan has been terminated may be restored to the citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Application form (filled in via computer)– printed in 2 copies (download)
- Petition (written via computer) addressed to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan – printed in 2 copies;
- CV (written via computer) - printed in 2 copies;
- 4 photos sized 3x4 cm;
- Copy of the identity document (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) (notarized);
- Certificate of general health and reference on AIDS test;
- Reference on Hepatitis B and C;
- Reference from TB Dispensary;
- Reference from Dermatovenerologic Dispensary;
- 60 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts applications via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The applicants are provided with a written answer for their application. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss of postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Processing time is six months
- The State Migration Service or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notifies the applicants of the results of the consideration of applications.