Passport damaged or lost
Required documents for issuance of new passport
- Original damaged passport;
- Original valid identification card (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi);
- Original Military ID (hərbi bilet) for male applicants aged 18-35. Or original document proving the exemption from military service or right to deferment;
- A written consent of parents or legal representatives of children under age of 18 (download)
- Original passport or identification cards (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the parents of children under age of 18;
- If person under the age of 18 has been deprived of parental care, the consent of the adoptive parent, guardian or trustee;
- If person under the age of 18 has been deprived of parental care, original documents confirming the rights of the adoptive parent, guardian or trustee;
- If person under the age of 18 has been deprived of parental care, original passport or identification cards of the adoptive parent, guardian or trustee;
- 25 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
- Relevant (25 AZN for age of 0-1) (40 AZN for age of 1-3) (55 AZN for age of 3-18) (75 AZN for over 18) fee must be paid online http://www.bpqmi.gov.az/?/az/menu/25/ or by a relative / representative of the applicant in person at the Main Passport, Registration and Migration Department of Ministry of Internal Affairs. Copy of the payment confirmation must be submitted along with other.
How to apply
Passport renewal is possible only with the above-mentioned documents.
Passport renewal can be made only in person at the Consular Section. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by both of his/her parents/guardians.
Please click here to schedule an appointment. No appointment is possible by phone or e-mail.
You must bring a pre-paid return envelope (USPS, FedEx or UPS). The envelope will be used to send the new passport back to you. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss of postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your passport returning to you.