Revocation from citizenship of Azerbaijan
A citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan who desires to revoke his/her citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan should apply with application form addressed to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Application form (filled in via computer)– printed in 2 copies (download)
- Petition (indicating the reason for revocation of citizenship written via computer)addressed to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan – printed in 2 copies;
- CV (written via computer) - printed in 2 copies;
- 4 photos sized 3x4 cm;
- Copy of the identity document (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi);
- Document from the Azerbaijan Credit Bureau on the absence of credit obligations;
- Document from the State Tax Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the absence of tax liability to the state;
- Document from the General Department of Bailiffs of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the absence of the payment of alimony and other executive documents;
- Document on absence of military service obligation (notarized copy of military card or certificate from the local branch of the State Service for Mobilization and Conscription where you are registered);
- Reference from the housing department of the place of residence confirming that there is no debt for housing and communal services;
- Reference from the relevant local branch of “Azersu” OJSC on the absence of debt for water use and sewage disposal;
- Reference of no debt for gas use;
- Reference of no debt for the use of electricity;
- Reference of no debt for phone calls.
Note: Certificates related to communications and utilities are not required from those who submit a document confirming the absence of real estate in their name.
If a person applying for the revocation of citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan applies together with his/her minor children, the following documents should be attached:
- Application of consent of the other parent (notarized);
- Copy of the other parent`s passport (notarized);
- Copy of the marriage certificate;
- Applications of consent of children aged 14-18 (notarized);
- Copy of initial military registration certificate - applies to male children over 15 years of age (notarized).
Note: The names of the applicant's minor children should be included in the application form and the application, as well as 4 photos (3x4 sized) should be submitted.
- 60 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts applications via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The applicants are provided with a written answer for their application. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Processing time is six months
- The State Migration Service or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notifies the applicants of the results of the consideration of applications.