Official visit visa is issued to employees of diplomatic representations and consulates of foreign countries in the Republic of Azerbaijan, including employees, administrative and technical staff of the representations of international organizations and their family members, as well as foreigners who travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan with diplomatic mission or with a special mission in the cases set forth by the international agreements that the Republic of Azerbaijan is a party to.
1.For visa aplication form go to https://visaapplication.mfa.gov.az/
2.Passport (both original and copy)
- The passport must be valid for no less than three months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan.
- Persons who are not US citizens must submit valid permanent resident card (green card).
3.Two passport sized photos.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Colored photos must be full face and white background.
4.Diplomatic note or an official letter.
- Must include employee's name, date of birth, purpose of travel, travel date and the anticipated length of the tour of duty or stay in Azerbaijan.
- The names and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the government official or employee
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts visa applications via mail only. The request must include a postage paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you. Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application.
- Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 15 days must get registered upon place of stay. For more information: https://www.migration.gov.az/en/oyq