SCIENCE OR EDUCATION VISA
Science or education visa is issued to foreigners and stateless persons entering the Republic of Azerbaijan to carry out scientific activity, to attend relevant conferences, seminars and other scientific events, to get education by enrolling in educational institutions or to get retrained on the basis of application of government authorities acting in this sphere, scientific research institutions, educational institutions registered by the state.
1.For visa aplication form go to https://visaapplication.mfa.gov.az/
2.Passport (both original and copy)
- The passport must be valid for no less than three months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan.
- Persons who are not US citizens must submit valid permanent resident card (green card).
3.Two passport sized photos.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Colored photos must be full face and white background.
4.Invitation from the receiving party
- The receiving party must send the invitation through Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- For details receiving party may contact the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Address:4 Shikhali Gurbanov Str., Baku, AZ 1009. For questions please call +994507600663.
- 20 USD for US citizens. For other nationalities see here.
- Only money orders, bank cashier’s (certified check) and company checks are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts visa applications via mail only. The request must include a postage paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you. Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application.
- Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 15 days must get registered upon place of stay. For more information: https://www.migration.gov.az/en/oyq