PRIVATE VISIT VISA
Private visit visa is issued to foreigners and stateless persons entering the Republic of Azerbaijan upon invitation of a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, a foreigner or stateless persons permanently residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan, a labor migrant holding a temporary residence permit or a foreigner or stateless person who gets education (only for the family members of labor migrant or the foreigner and stateless person who gets education), registered by the relevant executive authority.
1.Completed visa application form. Please click here to download
2.Passport (both original and copy)
- The passport must be valid for no less than three months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan.
- Persons who are not US citizens must submit valid permanent resident card (green card).
3.Two passport sized photos.
- Photos must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
- Colored photos must be full face and white background.
4.Notarized invitation from the receiving party
- The invitation letter has to be certified by notary public.
- The invitation letter must include the applicant’s full name, date of birth, purpose of travel, travel date and the anticipated length of the stay in Azerbaijan.
- 20 USD for US citizens. For other nationalities see here.
- Only money orders, bank cashier’s (certified check) and company checks are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan.
6.Copy of a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19
- Visa applicants over 18 must have a COVID-19 passport (or a document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19).
- The following persons are exempt from submitting document confirming full vaccination against COVID-19 or immunity to COVID-19:
- Passengers whose close relatives are citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan (husband, wife, children, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren), including family members of such persons (husband, wife, parents, children) – are required to confirm the degree of kinship on the basis of a document.
- Diplomatic passport holders, heads of diplomatic missions and consulates of foreign countries in the Republic of Azerbaijan, employees and their families;
- Foreigners and stateless persons with work permits in the Republic of Azerbaijan; foreigners and stateless persons with temporary or permanent residence permits in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members (wife, husband, parents, children under 18, as well as children with disabilities over 18); – are required to provide relevant supporting documents
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts visa applications via mail only. The request must include a postage paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you. Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Only complete applications can be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application.
- Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 15 days must get registered upon place of stay. For more information: https://www.migration.gov.az/en/oyq