PASSPORT EXPIRED OR DAMAGED
Required documents for issuance of Reentry Certificate
- Completed application form(for citizens ) ( for stateless persons );
- Copy of the expired or damaged passport
- 2 photos (3x4 cm)
- Copy of one of the following documents - identification card, military ID, driver’s license or other official document proving identity and citizenship of the applicant.
- 10 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan.
How to apply
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts Reentry Certificate applications via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail package returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- Only complete applications will be accepted. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents/information not mentioned in the list above upon the application processing.
- In the absence of the relevant documents confirming the identity of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan or the stateless person permanently residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan, the person must first apply for determination of a person’s affiliation to the citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- The following persons are exempt from the fee - diplomatic or service passport holders, students studying abroad (upon submission of the relevant supporting document), persons engaged in pedagogical activity through the state line, released from foreign penitentiaries, deported, extradited from foreign countries, victims of human trafficking and persons under 18. Citizens who have lost their passports or have their passports stolen are also exempt from the fee (relevant confirmation document from foreign police authority must be submitted).