Registration of birth
Birth information must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy no later than one month after the birth of the child.
- Completed application (download)
- Copy of passports or identification cards (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the parents
- Copy of birth certificates of the parents
- Copy of marriage certificate of the parents
- Original document confirming the fact, time and place of birth (It should be noted in which hospital and when the child was born. It should not be a "birth certificate" issued by the hospital. It can be "verification of live birth fact").
- In case of prescribed period of 1 month for the registration of birth has expired, reference by doctor on health of the child.
- Free of charge
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts applications for birth registration via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008