Determination of a person’s affiliation to the citizenship of Azerbaijan
A citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, who has adopted citizenship of a foreign country, shall provide written information to the relevant executive authority within a month according to the “Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
Voluntary acquisition of citizenship of another country by the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan is considered as the basis for the loss of citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan according to Article 18 of the Law "On Citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaija
Inquiries are sent to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which is the relevant state body for processing. Processing time is generally 1-2 months.
- Completed application (download)
- Two photos (3x4 cm)
- Copy of passport or other identity document (in case this document is not available, relevant document which indicates such information);
- Copy of birth certificate (in case this document is not available, relevant document which indicates such information);
- Copy of identity documents of the minor’s parents;
- 10 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts applications via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The applicants are provided with a written answer for their application. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008