Registration of divorce
Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan living in the United States of America who have no common children under the age of 18 may apply for registration of divorce on the basis of mutual agreement of husband-wife.
- Written applications of persons applying for registration of divorce (download)
- Marriage certificate of the applicants
- Documents confirming permanent / temporary residence status of the applicants in US
- 40 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan
How to apply
- Persons applying for registration of divorce must be present in person at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- Or authorized persons on the basis of a notarized power of attorney.
- Registration of divorce is concluded by the Consulate in the presence of persons wishing to divorce not earlier than 1 month from the date of the application.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Marriage shall be dissolved in court in case following: 1) if the spouses have common minor children; 2) if the husband (wife) does not agree to the dissolution of the marriage; 3) With the consent of the spouses, but one of them avoids the dissolution of the marriage at the consulate (refuses to apply, does not come for state registration of divorce, etc.).