Personal identification number
Personal identification number (PIN) is a unique code provided in accordance with the law, which allows identifying the information about a person included in the state register. Personal identification number is a single code and never changes.
For children under the age of 15 who is applying for the first time and do not have an identification card, it is possible to issue passports with personal identification number as an exception. To do so, the legal representative of the person under the age of 15 must submit the following documents to the Embassy:
- Petition (download)
- Copy of passport or identification cards (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the legal representative
- A copy of the child's birth certificate issued by the Embassy (birth certificates issued by US authorities are not accepted)
- 10 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts PIN applications via mail only. The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss of postal delivery. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008
- The PIN is issued by the Ministry of Justice and usually takes 1-2 months.