Registration of marriage
REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE
- Written applications of persons applying for marriage registration (download)
- Passports or identification cards (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the applicants
- Documents confirming permanent / temporary residence status of the applicants in US
- Certificate of celibacy (issued in last six months)
- Persons who have been married before should present divorce certificate (copy) or husband's (wife’s) death certificate (copy), or court resolution that legally entered into force on annulment of marriage or an extract from the decision of the court
- Person who are under the age of marriage (18 years old have been determined for girls and boys) should present the order of the Executive Authority of the district (city) about permission reduce the age of marriage;
- Medical certificate of the applicants. Those who want to get married must undergo a medical examination for the following diseases:
1.1. Major beta-thalassemia;
1.2. Intermediate beta-thalassemia;
1.4. Sickle cell anemia;
- HIV / AIDS;
- 10 USD. Only Money Orders are accepted. Please, make the payment to the order of the Embassy of Azerbaijan;
How to apply
- Persons applying for marriage must be present in person at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- Please click here to schedule an appointment. No appointment is possible by phone or e-mail.
- Registration of marriage act is concluded by the Consulate in the presence of persons wishing to enter into marriage not earlier than 1 month from the date of application.
- The period of marriage may be reduced or extended for a period of not more than one month for the following reasons (must be confirmed by relevant documents):
1) Urgent long-term business trip;
2) Relocation of permanent residence;
3) Having common children;
4) The woman who wishes to get married is pregnant;
5) Severe illness of the spouses or their close relatives;
7) Other cases.
- In special cases (pregnancy, having a common child, if both persons wishing to enter into marriage are over 50 years of age, or in other cases), the marriage may be concluded on the day of application.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- If the persons wishing to enter into marriage do show up on time and the reason for their absence is not considered valid, the application for registration of the marriage shall be annulled. Those who wish to marry must re-apply.
Those who want to get married have the right to solemnize their marriage. In addition, the marriage can be registered at the wedding ceremony with the payment of appropriate expenses.