Registration of death
Death information must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy no later than 10 (ten) days from the date of death or discovery of the body.
- Completed application (download)
- Copy of passport or identification card (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the applicant
- Copy of passport or identification card (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) of the deceased person
- Original document confirming the fact, time and place of death (It can be "verification of death fact").
- Original military ID (documents related to military service), if the deceased is a military officer.
- Free of charge
How to apply
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- Please, note that the Consular section of the Embassy accepts applications for birth registration via mail only. The request must include a pre-paid return envelope (Express Mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your mail returning to you. Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
2741 34th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20008